Dr. Sonia Merlyn Sacoto
PHD in civil rights
She is the founding partner of the law firm Consult-Loi
She is a litigating lawyer that specializes in civil law and Family, Childhood and Adolescence law.
Graduated from La Condamine Quito (1990) Lawyer and Doctor in Jurisprudence by the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador (1995-1996). Best graduate from the Faculty of Jurisprudence of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador (1995-1996). Fourth Level Doctorate Degree (PHD). Thesis on Civil Law with a publication mention, Universidad Católica de Lima, 2011.
Jurisprudence Faculty Professor, Chair of Legal Subjects in PUCE since 1996 until present date. Professor for “New Processes for Family, Childhood and Adolescence” for the Specialization Degree on New Civil Procedural Laws at Universidad Andina from the year 2006 until the present. Guest Professor for the doctorate of the Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA) (2007).
Qualified Reader for the Project for the Ecuadorian Family Code (1999) a Delegate member for the Civil Code Reform Drafting Commission for CONESUP (2008-2009) Framer for the Reform Project in regard to Adoptions (2011) Delegate observer for the General Process Code Reforms, second version (2011) Member of the drafting consulting team for feedback from the Project for the General Process Code.
Practicing lawyer, owner of Consult-Loi Law Firm, experts in Family, Children and Adolescent law.
Legal Expert Experience has been qualified as an expert on Family Legislation by the Eastern District Court, New York, USA, (2016).
Doctor in Civil Law
Senior Associate Lawyer
Litigating lawyer specializing in civil law
Doctorate in Jurisprudence and Advocate of the Courts of the Republic. Degrees obtained in the Jurisprudence Faculty of the Pontificia Universidad Católica.
Has provided legal assistance to several Law Firms in the country, among them legal counsel to Ortega Moreira & Ortega Trujillo Law firm from 1993 to 1995 and as senior associate at Paz Horowitz Law Firm during 2012; she has also worked in Financial and Real Estate Institutions: as a legal advisor for the Banco Internacional legal department in 1992; legal assistant for Ecuainmobiliaria S.A. from 1999 until 2006; legal counsel for Public Institutions, among them The National Science and Technology Council (CONACYT) in 1993, the Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energies and the Eurosolar Project from 2008 to 2009.
At present, her professional activities are centered in the law firm as legal counsel expert in civil, corporate and real estate affairs and in general corporate law as well as extra judicial collection. Has been part of mediation and arbitration processes. Drafted and reviewed civil, commercial and real estate contracts, specially tenancy related issues, as well as Horizontal Property issues, legal advice for Shopping Centers and Builders for New Projects or solving informal Projects.
Carolina León Hurtado
Associate lawyer at Consult-Loi
Law Firm for family, women, children and adolescent affairs
Attorney for the Courts and Tribunals of the Republic of Ecuador, of Las Americas University. With experience in Civil, Family, children and Adolescent rights. English proficiency. Has taken courses in Human Rights and applying the Organic General Processes Code.
Graduated from the UNAM oral litigation under COGEP.
Tamia Rodríguez, attorney at law graduated from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, experienced in Civil, Family and Child Law practice, defense of victims of violence. English lenguage proficiency. Trained in Human Rights and Psychological First Aid.
Jéssica Liliana Usinia Sailema
Logistic management arrangements
Schedule management, filing, customer service and billing. Proficient in Word, Excel, web browsing, social networks. Technical, Commerce and Administrative Secondary Diploma (Computer Sciences).
Lissette Daniela Enríquez Reinoso
Law student at the University of Hemisferios. Experiencie in Civil, Family, children and Adolescent rights legal requirements.
Our Strategic Allies
Family businesses / Protection of family assets
Abg. Pamela Morillo Jaramillo
- Law Science Lawyer by Universidad Internacional del Ecuador and Law Science Degree (1.999) by Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador.
- As part of her educational background she has participated in many workshops and training courses nationwide and overseas, among others: Tax Actualization, Tax Reforms, Income Tax Reforms, VAT, Special Consumption Tax and other Taxes. (Deloitte & Touche Ecuador & Moore Stephens Profile), Transfer Prices (Deloitte & Touche International México, October 2001.). Latin America Conferences of Tax Law in Ecuador & Colombia, Colomiba Conferences in Tax Law (ICDT) and Nationwide Conferences in Tax Law. (IEDT). Accounting Courses – Cámara de Comercio de Quito & Accounting Course of the S.A.P. System, Courses of Mediation & Arbitration, Community Law and Intellectual Property, among others.
- System Management: windows & operative systems, Internet tools, legal systems FIEL & SILEC & SAP accounting system.
- Partner of MMJ LAWYERS – Practice Lawyer and Legal & Tax Consultant in nationwide and overseas companies. From 2010 until current.
- Specialist in Tax Law and Corporate Consultancy, with experience of more than 22 years in these fields. She has provided her professional services to prestigious legal & tax services companies such as Ribadeneira & Abogados (Manager of the Legal & Tax Area), Deloitte & Touche (Manager of the Legal & Tax Area), González Peñaherrera & Abogados Asociados (Associated Lawyer), Moore Stephens Profile (Lawyer), Larreategui & Fabara (currently Estudio Jurídico Fabara), Diners Club del Ecuador.
- Her professional experience is focused in the following areas: tax, customs, corporate, public & private contracts, labor and oil companies, providing consultancy to different companies nationwide and overseas and multinational companies in the following fields: industrial, commercial, construction, services, automotive, exportation e importation, maritime, hydroelectric, flowers, poultry, international cargo, mail, oil, mining, health, among others.
- Preparation and presentation of material for workshops in the legal and tax field. Instructor in the Business School of the Universidad San Francisco de Quito.
- Member of the Instituto Ecuatoriano de Derecho Tributario, Secretaria General of the Instituto Ecuatoriano de Derecho Tributario from 2005 to 2007, Directora de Admisiones, Directora Alterna del IEDT in 2011 & 2012. During 2003, was a teacher in the Escuela Politécnica del Ejército (ESPE), in: Derecho Tributario, Derecho Societario, Derecho Mercantil & Derecho Laboral.
- Notaria Suplente of the Cantón Quito assigned by the Consejo Nacional de la Judicatura. From August 2013 until December 2013.
Doctor in Jurisprudence
Lawyer specialized in penal law
- Got her degree as a lawyer and Doctor of Jurisprudence in the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador (1999). Has also a Diploma as Senior Tax Specialist issued by Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar (2001) and has undertaken studies on Leadership and Management Skills at Tecnológico de Monterrey (2007).
Migration / Foreign Affairs